A COVID-19 update to you, our valuable customer regarding Las Vegas Golf Courses
As of May 1st, some Las Vegas golf courses have reopened with strict guidelines to limit the spread of COVID-19. Many of the Strip Hotel/Casinos are scheduled to follow suit and begin reopening around May 15th. Las Vegas has been very fortunate to not see a huge spike in COVID-19 cases and we want to keep you informed on updated policies and procedures to ensure your next visit to the Las Vegas Golf courses will be safe and healthy.
UPDATE: June 26th, 2020:
Governor Sisolak’s Guidance: Directive 024 – This new directive requires Nevadans and visitors to wear face coverings when they are out in public, with limited exceptions. What this means for you is that if you are not wearing a face covering, you will not be allowed inside the hotel/club house and as a result may not be allowed to check in/golf. Face coverings may only be removed when eating or drinking inside or when playing golf. They will not be required outside on the course provided players maintain 6 feet of social distance from one another.
According to Governor Sisolak’s Guidance: Directive 016 – Best Practices for Golf Courses, these are the mandatory minimums of safety that golf courses should follow:
Golf Carts and Equipment:
- Only one (1) person per golf cart except for those who reside in the same household
- Carts must be wiped down with disinfectant spray or wipes BEFORE and AFTER each round. This includes steering wheels, cart seats, arm rests, cart dashes, cupholders, gear shifts and cart keys.
- Pull carts and push carts must also be wiped down with disinfectant BEFORE and AFTER each round.
- Tees, towels, cart coolers, and bottled waters should be removed from carts.
- Sand bottles or scoops should be removed and golf course maintenance staff will need to address filling divots until further notice.
- Bag room areas will be cleaned and disinfected regularly.
- Pro Shops and clubhouses should be closed and locked. If pro shop is open for check-in, there should not be any merchandise sales, and social distancing measures must be observed.
- Only take-out food and beverages can be served; no in person dining.
- Driving Range hitting stations must be a minimum of six (6) feet apart.
When resuming operations, golf facilities still need to operate in a manner that maintains social distancing, limits gatherings of 10 or more, and puts into place as many cleaning measures as possible to limiting the spread of COVID-19. As a general rule, employees and patrons who aren’t feeling well should stay home. Golf courses should also check in frequently with their associations and the CDC for any updated guidance that is issued. Golf is a great way to get exercise and can facilitate social distancing if done properly; the ultimate goal is to keep everyone safe while they’re playing and to stop the spread of COIVD-19.
We will do our best to continuously update each golf course’s page on our website with reopening information as it becomes available to us as well as updating you with additional newsletters as our city reaches into new phases with reduced restrictions.
Please call us today if you are considering coming out to Las Vegas this summer or to book your much-needed golf getaway for this Fall. We look forward to working with everyone again!
VIP Golf Services Team
VIP GOLF SERVICES – LAS VEGAS
Toll Free: 877-NOW-AVIP, (877-669-2847)
Local Las Vegas: 702-254-3050
Reduced Hours During COVID-19 Crisis: (PST – Pacific Standard Time)
Monday – Friday 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Saturday & Sunday 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Please leave a message when receiving voice mail at any time. We are dedicated to our customer service and will call you back in a timely manner.